The Press box, specially built in the "B" stand above the sight screen at St George's Park to accomodate journalists and broadcasters. It was used for the first time for the Eastern Province vs MCC match in January, 1949. John Arlott, the famous broadcaster, was one of the first to occupy the broadcaster's cubicles in the top corners.
The old "B" Stand, later known as the "Delta" Stand. It used to stand behind the rugby posts where the Duckpond Pavilion now stands and was of wood and iron costruction. The Press Boxes were situated at the top of the stand where the Press commentators had an excellent view of the grounds.